LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD
I like the reason behind blogging awards. I like it because it provides a specific way for bloggers to live the philosophy, “The more you give, the more you get.” It’s a way that we can support and encourage each other. Usually the award rules give us an opportunity to learn more about the person behind the blog postings too. That’s fun. I love that blogging allows people to share their learning, their thoughts, their wisdom and their caring. And, we can easily do that with people across the globe. This is huge! Meeting more and more new people and learning from each other is making the world a better place.
In that spirit, I gleefully accept the Liebster Blog Award from MAMA BEAR MUSINGS at: http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com
Thank you very much, Mama Bear Musings!
Liebster Blog Award Rules
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 bloggers who you feel deserve to be noticed. These blogs must have 200 followers or less. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated by you.
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. Post all the items listed in item 2 on your blog also.
My Answers to the 11 Questions from Mama Bear Musings:
- What is your favorite pizza topping/toppings? Well Mama Bear, I don’t eat too much pizza but when I do, I love making it with a lot of healthy ingredients. Sometimes we make pizza with a whole wheat crust and top it a ton of veggies and some cheese.
2. What is your personal life philosophy? Whoa, we’re going from pizza toppings to life philosophy! I actually like these tougher questions. In fact, I’m signed up to take a FREE online class from a University of Virginia professor called Know Thyself. It starts next week. So, check with me when it’s over and maybe I’ll have a whole new personal life philosophy by then. (just kidding – kind of…) In the meantime, since you asked, here is what I consider to be my Purpose Statement: My purpose is pursuit of passionate connection. First, I commit to connect to my inner self for the strength and direction which will allow me to contribute to everything around me in a purposeful way. I commit to strengthen my connection to people, animals, plans and the universe in a way that elevates us all. I promise to use compassion, integrity, and example as my tools. Everything I do, every choice I make, every action I take, must be aligned with my purpose. I know that as I pursue this purpose, I will grow and as I grow – so will my purpose. I will never fulfill it totally. I’ll always be in pursuit of it. As a result, I will achieve and do more than I have ever before – both for myself and others.
By the way, for more information on how to take those free university classes, visit: www.coursera.org See you there?
3. What is your favorite quote? My yoga teacher often encourages us to say, “Today I invite inner stillness.” I find that simple statement very helpful.
4. Do you have another website, facebook, twitter, linkedin, Google+, StumbledUpon, Tumbler, or any other special place that you would like to add a link to? Yes! www.fitnessbeyondexpectations.wordpress.com
5. Are you a writer, photographer, or both? I write. So, I suppose I am amateur writer. I take photos, but I can’t say that I’m a photographer. I’d like to learn more about photography.
6. What is your favorite genre to write? to read? Non-fiction.
7. Do you enter any poetry/short story/photography contests? Not yet.
8. Have you ever won a poetry/short story/photography contests? Haven’t tried.
9. Have you ever heard of or read a ‘Baby Boomer’ Novel? Nope. More info please.
10. Are you a member of any Book Clubs on GoodReads.com? Yes, but I don’t pay much attention to it.
11. Who or what inspires you? People who intentionally work to be their best selves. People who choose to live their values on a daily basis. People who work hard for social justice. People who work hard to be the best parents they can to their children. People who have been hurt but still live from a place of love. People who are physically strong and active into their 80’s, 90’s and 100’s. People who have healed themselves in spite of a lack of encouragement or support. People.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I delight in the richness of my life experiences. I value the struggles and the pain as much as the successes.
2. I think big. I believe big. I feel deep satisfaction at having successfully created things that seemed impossible at first. For reasons I can’t explain, I’ve never been afraid to try things. I’m grateful for that.
3. I have always loved languages and cultures from around the world. I am relearning Spanish now. Who knows what opportunities will become available when my Spanish language skills are better.
4. I love gardening. I love understanding about how nature prefers us to live and doing that. I let my garden go for about a decade (other priorities) but am working to reclaim it now.
5. I’ve been doing yoga since July 2011. And, in the last year yoga has taught me more about my 64 year old body that I have ever experienced. I love yoga and strength training.
6. I’m still working on how to elevate reclaiming work as a potter. It’s on the list but hasn’t risen up enough yet to be translated into action.
7. I’ve only cut my hair short two times in my life. I didn’t like it short either time. My mother told me when I was in my 20’s that I was “too old” for long hair. I’m 64 now. Sorry Mom. (Not really sorry J)
8. My mediation practice is more and more important to me.
9. I love books. I own many.
10. I value living my values.
11. I embrace the abundance.
The 11 Questions for my Nominees to Answer:
- What is important to you?
- Why do you blog?
- Do you like art, music, fitness, nature?
- What has surprised you recently?
- Are there any other online communities, besides the blogger world, that you belong to? Do you like them? Why? If you’d like, feel free to provide links.
- When are you happiest?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite season?
- Do you own indoor plants?
- Who has inspired you in your life?
- Do you like answering these kinds of questions?
My 11 Nominees are:
I hope all of you will accept and enjoy the Liebster Blog Award! If you choose not to, no worries! All good. J
Don’t forget to visit: http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com